What I pack...
- Birth plan and maternity notes
- Comfy hard bottom slippers - The ones I’ve packed are from Sheepers and they are amazingly comfortable!
- Nighties & nursing pyjamas – I recommend H&M or Seraphine, their bamboo range is lovely and suitable for pre and post natal
- Socks – In case your feet get cold like me!
- Maternity pads & reusable breast pads
- Hair ties – Mine are handmade from @lifewithmerakii - they are gorgeous
- Hand Sanitiser – Obviously in the current climate hospitals will provide it but it’s also nice to have your own
- Water bottle – Primark have a great range
- Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream – It really is perfect for everything!
- General toiletries: Shampoo conditioner toothpaste etc
- Tommee Tippee Nipple Cream – I had to stay in for four days last time and this was a saviour for me as Jack was tongue tied. This one is all natural and made with just three ingredients
- Thin light dressing gown – I bought a beautiful soft grey one from M&S but Primark also have an amazing affordable range. Even in the Winter I recommend a thin dressing gown as the hospital is always so hot!
- Maternity Bras - I’ve always favoured the pretty ones, they make me feel special, I like the ones from Pour Moi
- Lots of big comfy underwear. These amazing pants are from Wuka not only are they amazingly comfortable but they are leakproof and are game changing for your period!
- A going home outfit. I’ve opted for this beautiful nursing dress from Tilbea London. They are an award winning nursing and maternity brand, and have some gorgeous designs.
- A comfortable breast feeding vest – This one is also from Tilbea London.
- Paracetamol & Ibuprofen – again the hospital will have these but it’s always a good idea to bring your own.
- Newborn Vests x 3 Baby Mori are my go to
- Newborn Sleepsuits x 3
- Muslins – Lots of muslins! I adore The Petit Soldier Range
- Hats/ Scratch Mittens
- Nappies Size 0/1 Mamia By Aldi are amazing
- Nappy Sacks
- Water wipes & cotton wool
- Baby blanket – I love the Baby Mori range
- Baby comforter – This beautiful one is from The Pure Earth Collection. Their products are natural, non-toxic and biodegradable. I love that sustainability is their Ethos, and their range of sleep bags are also a must baby product!
- Car Seat – For home time! We use a Maxi Cosi Pebble
For maternity clothing for mummy, I’d highly recommend H&M and ASOS. Their range is amazing and contains sleepwear, loungewear and nursing clothing!”
We hope that this advise is helpful for packing your hospital bag. Make sure to discover our gorgeous range of hospital bags, ready to pack up and organise all your essentials for the hospital and reuse as a weekend bag for trips away with baby.